subsidiaries such as BeAfar (“East Agile”) or our service providers collect from or about
users of the East Agile websites, including any content East Agile may provide through
the websites (collectively, the “East Agile Websites”), the East Agile services, or any
other services that East Agile may provide through the East Agile Websites (collectively,
the “Service Offerings”), our mobile applications, and other interactions (e.g., customer
service inquiries, user conferences, etc.), and states our practices regarding such
information. If you are outside the European Economic Area (EEA), by accessing files,
browsing, or otherwise using the East Agile Websites, you have agreed to the use of your
describes the choices regarding use, access and collection of personal information as well
as your rights to your personal data that we process. If you do not agree with the terms,
please do not access or use the East Agile Websites, Service Offerings, mobile applications,
or any other aspect of East Agile’s business.
Personal Information of our Customers’ Clients and Employees
- East Agile collects information under the direction of our customers, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes on behalf of such customers. When we provide services to our customers, in some instances we process personal information about their clients or employees (“Client Information”) on their behalf. In these situations, it is our customers rather than we who decide the reasons for which the Client Information will be processed.
- If you are a client or employee of one of our customers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our customers that use our service or for details of how the Client Information will be used and protected, and details of how to access or correct the information, please refer to the privacy statement of the East Agile customer to which you submitted your personal information. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our customers.
- East Agile acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete data should directly query East Agile’s customer. If requested to remove data, we will respond within the applicable legal timeframe.
- We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide services to our customers at their instruction. East Agile may also retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Personal Information We Collect
East Agile or our service providers may collect, store, and process personal information and other information from or about you when you:
- use East Agile Websites or Service Offerings to order products or services;
- register products;
- request information;
- subscribe to marketing or support materials;
- download proprietary East Agile software, third party software, or open source software (“Software”) from East Agile Websites;
- enter a contest;
- respond to promotional campaigns; and
- register to a secure extranet site to obtain access to Software or Service Offering and any associated information, support, and training.
We also may collect additional information that is related to you such as your computer’s operating system, browser, and your use of and activities on our websites.
How We Use the Information We Collect
- East Agile or our service providers may use the personal information and other information we collect from you in various ways including in connection with: providing service and support to you; billing you for Service Offerings; verifying your identity; carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and East Agile; communicating information about East Agile Websites, Service Offerings and our mobile applications, and other interactions (e.g., customer service inquiries, user conferences, etc.); improving our East Agile Websites, Services Offerings and our mobile applications, and other interactions (e.g., customer service inquiries, user conferences, etc.); contacting you to complete surveys that we use for marketing or quality assurance purposes; sending you promotional information; complying with Service Offering obligations as well as in any other way we describe when you provide information; combating fraud, crime and as otherwise required or permitted by law; and for any other purpose with your consent.
- We may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level by opting out. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information.
Collection of Information Using Cookies and Other Tools
- If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising, please contact us at or follow the opt-out instructions in the email.
- We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile applications on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
Sharing Your Information
- Third-party service providers and suppliers receiving personal information are authorized to use your personal information only for the purpose it was originally intended or as required or permitted by law. However, unless otherwise dictated by law or agreement, East Agile is not responsible for any improper use by such parties.
Sharing Personal information Across Country Borders
We may also disclose your personal information and other information, including across country borders:
- to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and worldwide offices;
- to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement or government request, or other legal process;
- to produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings;
- if East Agile determines in its good faith judgment that such disclosure is necessary to provide its services or to protect the rights, interests, safety, or property of its business, employees, suppliers, customers, or others;
- in connection with any proposed or actual sale or other transfer of some or all assets of East Agile, and/or any proposed or actual sale or merger of East Agile or any division of East Agile;
- to enforce the terms of any agreement with East Agile;
- to combat fraud or other criminal activity;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- as otherwise required or permitted by law; and/or
- with your consent.
- In certain cases, East Agile offers European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet the adequacy and security requirements for our customers that operate in the European Union, and other international transfers of customer data.
Marketing Choices, Right to Access Your Personal Information, and Our Retention
- Your Marketing Choices. Your decision to provide the personal information that we may request from time to time is voluntary. However, if you do not provide the personal information requested, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personal information is being requested. You can always unsubscribe or choose not to receive promotional materials from East Agile by following the specific instructions in the email or other communication you receive or by notifying us via the appropriate method(s) described below. It may take a reasonable period of time to process your request, but no longer than 10 business days for email promotions. In countries where East Agile is required to do so by law, East Agile will offer you the opportunity to provide opt-in consent before promotional materials are sent, or promotional calls are made, to you. This will not apply to service communications that are considered part of certain Service Offerings, which you may receive periodically unless you cancel the applicable Service Offerings.
- Your Access to Your Personal Information. East Agile strives to keep your personal information accurate. We have implemented technology, management processes, and policies designed to maintain data integrity. We will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information in accordance with relevant laws, including by making reasonable efforts to provide you with online access and the opportunity to update your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personal information. Upon request, East Agile will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. To request access, correction, or deletion or transfer of your personal information, follow the applicable instructions below. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to reject such requests or to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if required or permitted by applicable law. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time frame.
- Our Retention of Your Information. We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you East Agile Websites, Service Offerings and mobile applications. If you wish to cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you Software or Services, contact us via the applicable methods provided below. Even after we cancel your account or cease using your personal information to provide you Software or Services, we may still retain, use, and disclose your information as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, ethical, or document retention obligations, and any request to delete your personal information is subject to these obligations and restrictions.
Security of Your Personal Information
East Agile has implemented administrative, technical, and physical measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings, Internet firewalls, intrusion detection, anti-virus protection, network monitoring, and, where appropriate and required by applicable law, Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) or similarly encrypted browsers. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% private and secure, and you understand that East Agile does not ensure or warrant the privacy or security of any information we collect from or about you, and that you use the East Agile Websites and provide us with information at your own risk. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Please also be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an email that looks like it is from East Agile asking for your personal information. East Agile will never request your personal information through email. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at set forth below.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code §1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by East Agile to its affiliates and/or third parties for their direct marketing purposes, within the past year. To make such a request, contact us as set forth below.
- Unsubscribe from East Agile emails at our unsubscribe page.
If you are a resident of the EEA and have an unresolved privacy or personal information collection, use, or disclosure concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact the EU Data Protection Authorities. If you are a resident of Switzerland and have this concern, please contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner.
- For more information on how to contact the EU Data Protection Authorities, click here.
- For more information on how to contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, click here.
This Policy was last updated on May 1st, 2020.